Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another step out of the way...

A new season requires a new background! I am especially fond of this one because I love fall colors. I'm excited to see the leaves change color and to see the thermometer drop from the high 20s (which hasn't happened yet, but the weather man promises I will be able to wear all my sweaters by next week). Don't get me wrong, I do love summer, but by the end of any season I'm glad to welcome in the next one. So come on Autumn and bring all your fun and craziness with you, we're ready for it!


Now that I got all my fall excitedness (is that a word?) out of me I'm proud to say that Jordy has finally put in all of his applications for work next year. He had been putting this off for over a month now and I was seriously starting to get worried. All we need is for him to be done school... and unemployed due to procrastination! But as always my hubby pulled through and got it done. He says that the wait was necessary so that he could make an informed decision on where to apply. I'm just glad it's done. We decided to apply to a few different firms hoping to get a few choices back. He applied to a number of different areas as well (much to my liking), such as Red Deer, Edmonton, Airdrie, and... (drum roll)... HALIFAX! That's right, I am hoping that we will escape SOAB (as Mardy puts it) and get to see more of the world. I mean it's no Bournemouth, but I'm proud to be Canadian. (haha, and just less adventurous.) So secretly I have my fingers crossed about the two firms we applied to in Halifax. I think it would be great to live on the coast, and experience the other half of life in Canada. I was never one who hoped to live in Southern Alberta my whole life, and well, this would be a change that I would be comfortable with. So fingers crossed.

Other than that we are going through life quite nicely. Jordy's back to school now and in his last year! I'm working full time and loving my work. I've decided to pull out my trumpet again to get back in shape and hopefully scrounge up a few students to add some extra cash to my wallet. So if you know any young aspiring trumpeters, send them my way! Brittany has finally moved into the basement (haha, that sounds kinda funny) and we have the joy of driving her to work every morning at 6:00 AM... that's right AM. Ok so Jordy has that joy... (I do it when he's had a late night). Our One Year Anniversary is coming up in a few months. :) Other than that there isn't much to report on. Hopefully we'll find out about the applications Jordy's made.

Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. not much to report? Sounds like life is awesome for you guys! Can't wait to hear where he gets in!

    ReplyDelete